College Internship Program
Become a part of the Long Beach Transit Family!
If you are an undergraduate or graduate student looking to experience work in a public agency, Long Beach Transit’s (LBT) Internship Program offers:
- Learning environment to use problem-solving, communication, and decision-making skills to gain valuable work experience
- Mentorship and collaboration opportunities with various departments to enhance your career path
- Exposure to LBT’s career opportunities in the transportation industry
- Insight and awareness of the many facets of transportation through LBT’s orientation, cross-divisional projects and teams, and internal networking
Compensation and other information:
- Normal hiring range: $15.00 to $17.00 per hour (depending on education level)
- Part-time employment is approximately 20 hours per week, not to exceed 1,000 hours within a continuous 12-month period
- This position does not offer benefits
- Participation in the Internship Program is not an offer of regular full-time or part-time employment with LBT and it does not guarantee future employment with LBT
The Value of Interning with LBT
- Benefit from skill and personal development
- Gain valuable work experience through meaningful projects and assignments
- Work in a family-orientated environment
- Get exposure to industry insight and networking opportunities
Qualifications for the Internship
- The successful candidate must pass company physical, drug and alcohol test
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. Long Beach Transit does not sponsor H1-B or other related work visas
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- This job description is not intended to be a complete listing of all the job duties required of this position, but to provide information on the general scope of the position
A Day in The Life of an LBT Intern
Take a look at the video to learn more about a day in the life of a LBT intern:
- What is it like working at Long Beach Transit?
- Tell us a bit about what you’ve worked on during your internship?
- What are your core passions?
- What have you enjoyed most about this experience?
Long Beach Transit
1963 E Anaheim St